RML’s Patient and Family Experience team guides patients and families through their stay at RML. The chaplains, patient ambassador and psychologists are here to serve you. The support they provide includes:
Sensitive to individual beliefs and traditions, RML’s chaplains provide non-denominational emotional and spiritual support.
Family support groups provide a weekly forum to share experiences and concerns with the families of other patients. These free sessions are led by a clinical psychologist and offer strategies for coping with illness, guilt and stress. Topics covered include:
- Can you “will your way” to health? How does motivation affect illness outcome?
- Managing stress before it manages you.
- Using conflict constructively.
- I’m not a medical person, I’m just family. What can I do to help?
- What is he so afraid of, this isn’t like him!
- Why is she so down? Why can’t she “snap out of it?”
- Has he lost his mind for good? Why is he so confused?
- Lessons your mother taught you – eat well, sleep well and wash your hands.
All patients are evaluated by a psychologist following admission. The psychologist works closely with the patient care team to put a plan in place that will meet the patient’s physical AND emotional needs.