October 20 – 26, 2013 is National Respiratory Care Week, an annual event recognizing the respiratory care profession and promoting awareness of lung health issues and practices.
We pause to salute respiratory therapists who bring breath and life to RML patients.
Here are some of the jobs respiratory therapists perform on a daily basis:
– Maintain natural and artificial airways in patients.
– Assist patients with asthma, emphysema and other lung conditions.
– Maintain respiratory equipment including ventilators.
– Assist in emergencies such as heart failure, heart attack, stroke and shock.
– Teach patients breathing exercises.
…and much more. A big THANK YOU to respiratory therapists for making a difference in the lives of patients each and every day.