Thank you, respiratory therapists! You are the “breath of life” at RML and we salute you during National Respiratory Care Week.
Here are some of the jobs respiratory therapists perform on a daily basis:
– Maintain natural and artificial airways in patients.
– Assist patients with asthma, emphysema and other lung conditions.
– Maintain respiratory equipment including ventilators.
– Assist in emergencies such as heart failure, heart attack, stroke, and shock.
– Teach patients breathing exercises.
…and much more. A big THANK YOU to all of our respiratory therapists for making a difference in the lives of our patients each and every day.